Thursday, September 10, 2009

"I am a good person, God will let me in"

So everyone thinks Amber and I are in High School, or maybe college if we are lucky. It is funny. We saw Connie (age 17) again this morning. She is pregnant, due this December, living in a group home and was sleeping with a man to get drugs from him, and her mom is pregnant by the same man. We have shared the gospel with her and talked to her about the Lord. She is very agreeable and says she believes. We continue to see her every Thursday and talk about the arrival of her baby, school and her goals and plans for the future.

We talked to a guy named Dan who was on his way to the airport to go see U2 in concert in Chicago. He politely listened to us share about sin, hell, the forgiveness through Christ. He just smiled and basically didn't care. He figured he was a good enough person that God would let him off the hook for any wrong he committed. I kept telling him that no one is "good enough" to go to heaven. He acted as if it didn't phase him.

Vanessa (17) also thinks that she is a pretty good person, I mean better then a lot of people. I focused on the sin in our hearts, that even hating your brother is considered like murder to God. I shared with her that believing in Christ as the sacrifice for her sin is the only way to heaven. We were able to give her a Bible.

No comments: