Monday, October 5, 2009

"Creepy energy"

Since I didn't blog for about 5 months of riding the bus and sharing the gospel, I am still thinking of stories. So this one time, a few months ago, we are riding the bus and this large African American lady sits down next to me. I am praying in my heart about sharing with her and trying to get up the nerve. Finally I strike up a "conversation". I ask her if she goes to school (because she has a backpack) and she curtly responds, "no, why?" and I tell her because I noticed she had a backpack. I then proceed to ask her if she has had a good day. And she again rudely reponds "of course, what other option is there" or something like that. By now I am getting the clue that this lady doesn't want to talk to me. Finally I just outright ask her if she has ever heard the gospel. At this she gets really upset, she glares at me and says, "Why do you care???" I said that I want everyone to hear it. Then she tells me to keep my religion to myself and that I have creepy energy. I am a little shocked and scared, but ask, "What do you mean by 'creepy energy'?" She tells me that I know what it means. And I politely tell her that in fact I do not know what she means about my energy being creepy. She says, "Do you know what energy is?" I said, "Not in the context you are using it", and she says, "Do you know what creepy means?" and I said "yes, but I don't understand what you mean?" and She said "I could feel your creepy energy as soon as I got on the bus!". Yikes!! At this point, she told me to never mind if I didn't knonw what she meant.

I was a little shaken up and unsure what to say. It was a weird experience. Oddly enough, a man on the bus started talking to Amber and I right after that and saying that we have beautiful hearts and we were doing the right thing by sharing with people. It was kinda strange, but cool. I can't remember everything he said to us, but it was encouraging.

No comments: