Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What we have been up to lately

We are currently going to one bus stop at Speedway and Alvernon for about an hour and talking with those there. There are a couple people we have seen consistently and built a relationship with and then a lot of others we have only seen once. It has been really good for us to become more bold in sharing our faith and getting used talking about the Gospel. For me, it has also been a growing experience to be rejected or have my beliefs ripped up. Talking with people from EVERY background, makes me have to defend my faith to all sorts of affronts. It is amazing to me how many types of background and religions and beliefs you can come across in one hour.

I know God is using it in my life to not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to have a heart for the lost in my city. Knowing that the power of God in salvation comes from Him and not me, yet I am called to share the gospel and it is through the hearing of the gospel that people are saved.

My desire is to spend time humbly, yet with boldness and gentleness share the gospel of Jesus Christ with people who may have never heard, maybe have heard many times or completely reject it. My life is a vapor on this earth and the salvation of souls for the Glory of Christ should be a priority.

No comments: