Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 4 of the Ellingson Staycation

Today was Pump it Up Thursday! Since Izzy just turned 2, we decided to take her to Pump It Up as a birthday present, just her, Mommy and Daddy! Boy was it fun! There were obstacle courses, jumping castles, and huge slides! David and I had a great time, oh and Izzy did too! She was fearless when it came to the slides, she would go right down them without hesitation! We are very glad we decided to take her, we had a blast! Let me know if you have questions about going, we would love to go again or tell others about our experience.


We broke from our normal routine of doing Family Worship before bed and did it this afternoon before we went to dinner. It went really well and the girls were very focused, which was nice since that is not always the case. For dinner we went to one of our favorite eating spots, Pei Wei! And after dinner we headed over to Frost for some Gelato. Izzy, David and I were all shoveling the yummy goodness as fast as we could since we were all eating out of one bowl. Lydia didn't want to miss the action, so she started scooping it out with her hand, which then turned into finger paints on the table....it got a little messy, but we didn't care! I just wish I had my camera!

Funny story time! So we were enjoying our Gelato at Frost this evening, the girls fingers are sticky and their white shirts are getting messier by the second and David and I are chatting away. David makes a comment about his cool pants that he bought in Norway back in High School. They were a strange mustard-yellow color when he used to wear them to youth group. Later he found out that they were actually a different color when he purchased them, but when his mom washed them in the Norwegian washing machine somehow the color changed. I think she did the wrong temperature of water since she couldn't read Norwegian? Not sure. Since David's vision is considered "color deficient" he never realized that his pants changed color. OK, that was really background information to the rest of my story. So David tells me tonight that his pants that he used to wear from Norway were, and I quote, "a stylish yellow",and I replied loudly, "Is there really such a thing as a 'stylish yellow'".  I thought my response would be funny. As soon as the words left my mouth, David says, "look to your left", I turn and look in disbelief. The man sitting with his wife at the next table, maybe 5 feet away (definitely in earshot) is wearing a YELLOW polo shirt! His shirt was all yellow, without even a stripe...just a pure bright yellow polo. Of course I felt bad about the comment I had just made, however the moment was also extremely humorous, and I couldn't help but break out in uncontrollable laughter! The situation struck David the same way and he lost it too, almost spitting out his water. The next thing he said was, "you have to tell this story in your blog". So there you have it....done.

This evening after we got home we enjoyed dancing in the living room to some fun kids music, David definitely won the dancing contest, Izzy came in a close second!
All ready to go with my new backpack on
Izzy nursing her baby tonight
Lydia on her new Rody she got for her birthday!


No comments: