Monday, June 25, 2012

Days 5-6 of the Ellingson Staycation!

Our Staycation is officially over. Today was our first day back to "real life" again. I think that is why this afternoon felt like an eternity from 3:00p.m.to 6:00p.m. I really enjoyed David being home and doing fun things with the girls, so today seemed quite slow.

Let me back up to Friday and tell you how we finished our week.  We went out to lunch and then we packed up to go stay at the Embassy Suites on Skyline and Campbell. We took the girls over to David's parent's house (about 3 min from the hotel), and then we tried a new restaurant for dinner called Blanco at La Encantata Mall. We considered this to be our anniversary dinner date. We had some yummy fish tacos and taquitos, and we got a free dessert for David's birthday, so we tried their Flan, which was delicious! The food was really good, but it was a bit loud since it was during their Happy Hour, so we headed over to Embassy Suites and visited together during their "Manager's Reception", which is basically free drinks and snacks for the hotel guests. We enjoyed some good conversation and lots of eye contact...which is always a plus!

The girls had a great time with their "Grandpops" and "Granzie" while we were out and didn't seem too interested in us taking them away. After we got the girls settled to bed back at the hotel, we enjoyed reading the Word for a while and then we popped popcorn and watched a movie.

So now for the low point of the trip... I could NOT sleep that night! I don't know if it was caffeine, if I was nervous about the girl's waking up, or because I was hot, or in a different bed....maybe all of thee above! All I know is I ended up sleeping in the living room and I didn't crash until around 2:30a.m. Lydia was up at 5:30 crying and I grabbed her so she wouldn't wake up Izzy. So I was pretty tired Saturday morning! David really didn't sleep much either, so we were both struggling.  But we enjoyed the hot breakfast, with cooked-to-order omelets and then we took the girls down to the pool! We had fun spinning the girls, splashing and all that fun stuff you do with kids in the pool! Izzy liked sitting on the top step of the Jacuzzi a lot too!

That was a busy day because we had lunch with David's parents and then that evening we celebrated June birthdays and Father's Day at my parent's house! What fun!

We really had a wonderful week overall even though we were all struggling with colds by the end of it. I want to write some more about how we planned our staycation and give my recommendations/advice if anyone else is interested in doing one. This was our first year trying it, so I'll share my thoughts about it overall. I think that will be my next post.

1 comment:

Melster said...

I want to plan a staycation! Please tell me how you did it. :)